White Silica Gel (sSORB® Type-A) is a synthetically modified silicon dioxide that has been purified and processed into a hard, smooth bead. sSORB silica gel’s high surface area has a vast network of narrow interconnecting pores which have a strong affinity for moisture. Silica gel will remove moisture at temperatures as high as 220° F, but is best used at room temperature (70-90° F) and high relative humidity (60-90% rh).
Granular silica gel is synthetically modified to give it a vast internal network of interconnecting cavities creating a very large internal surface area for adsorption as a desiccant. Silica gel’s signature characteristic is its ability to adsorb moisture in humid environments and performs best at 60 – 90% relative humidity at ambient temperature.
Given its high affinity for water, sSORB granular white silica gel is used:
- in the gas industry to dry natural gas,
- as a desiccant in packaging (silica packets),
- for protecting cargo, electronics, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, foodstuffs
- and also in compressed air dryers.
White Silica Gel Bead Applications:
sSORB silica gel is frequently used in:
- compressed air dryers,
- in desiccant packets to protect products,
- as a catalyst carrier,
- and, generally, in any desiccant application requiring premium performance, high capacity, and energy savings.